Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Plate #200


Artist: Alex Sunday, The Sunday Project

Before I share what our judge, Karen Templer, said about her pick, I'd like to say that over the next weeks I'll be publishing an item from everyone who left an url. Pottery is wonderful and difficult, and you're at the mercy of so many things. Promoting your own stuff on the immense www is, I think, even harder. Kudos to everyone who did that :)

Here's what Karen had to say:
"Well, this was hard and enjoyable. I really loved seeing all of the work that was submitted and learning a few new things along the way, and it would be pointless to suggest that my final pick is anything but entirely subjective. I was expecting to see a lot of pretty things in judging the nominees but I was not expecting to laugh. However, "come out with your hams up" elicited an audible giggle. It's not my favorite of the set, and I think the set works better as a set than any individual plate does on its own, so I guess I'm voting for my favorite plates rather than plate. My choice is Alex Sunday."

Congratulations, Alex!

2 comments:

Alex Sunday said...

thanks very much! i'm very flattered (and surprised!), especially considering the other plates that were nominated. :D

Linda Starr said...

Congratulations to Alex on his wonderful plate and set of plates. Karen, thank you for taking the time to judge all the plates and thank you Mignon for having the contest. It is so wonderful to browse all the beautiful plates on this site. Thanks for a great blog.